How to care for your bamboo straws
RINSE & DRY
1. RINSE, BRUSH & RINSE AGAIN
2. LEAVE TO DRY FULLY
3. STORE IN A DRY, VENTILATED PLACE
*The straws can be cleaned in a professional dishwasher,
by hand, or boiled for 10 minutes to comply with hygienestandards.
AFTER USE CLEANING:
- Submerge the straw(s) in cold or lukewarm water.
- Use the supplied cleaning brush to clean inside the brush(es).
- Rinse with clean water, make sure all the soap is out of the bamboo straw
- Leave to dry in a ventilated place (outside of the cupboard). If you have an espresso machine you can dry them on top of the machine.
Once a month
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Then turn off the heat.
- Soak the straws for a 10-20 minutes.
- Remove the straws from the water and make sure all the moisture is out of the straws.
- Leave to dry in a ventilated place (outside of the cupboard).
Always let your bamboo straws dry fully from both sides. Store them in a dry, ventilated place for optimal benefits.
- Always let your bamboo straws dry fully. They dry very quickly!
- Dry them flat – not standing up – so that water does not collect at the bottom.
- Store your straws in a well-ventilated place, and never in air-tight containers or jars.
After a while you may notice discoloration of the bamboo. This is a natural process and it means that the bamboo straw needs to be replaced.
Usually, with good care, this happens after approximately 4 months.